Antiquity to Byzantium Cruise
An archeology and history-themed cruise with an Expert Guest Lecturer!
A voyage through history dedicated to the Golden Age of Greek civilization and beyond, this cruise comes complete with a guest lecturer, Eugenia Alexiou. Eugenia has a Master’s degree in Byzantine Art, is an expert historian, and, as a graduate of the Athens’ Tour Guide Academy, is the perfect tutor through all the classical sites and sights we visit. This journey to off-the-beaten-track locales in the Peloponnese peninsula is a masterclass on the journey through classical antiquity and the Roman conquest, ending with the transition to the Christian empire of Byzantium. Transit the amazing engineering feat that is the Corinth Canal, cut through solid rock in the 1880s to join the Gulf of Corinth with the Aegean Sea.
More Information and Rates
AT A GLANCE
- Day 1 | Friday: Marina Zeas (Athens)
- Day 2 | Saturday: Palaia Epidaurus
- Day 3 | Sunday: Nafplion - Mycenae
- Day 4 | Monday: Gythion
- Day 5 | Tuesday: Pylos
- Day 6 | Wednesday: Katakolon for Olympia
- Day 7 | Thursday: Itea for Delphi - Corinth Canal Crossing - Marina Zeas (Athens)
- Day 8 | Friday: Marina Zeas (Athens)